I’m a huge sweet lover! I do enjoy salty snacks, but the sweets take over 100%! Who doesn’t love a good brownie? It’s literally chocolate heaven! I played around with a few ingredients to make this a macro friendly snack. It’s a clean brownie that still tastes like a freakin’ brownie!
- 1 Cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil
- 1 Cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- Added sugar if you want (I added some Stevia just to help take away the “bitterness” from the yogurt). You can also add honey!
- 3/4 Cup of oat flour. I blended my own.
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line parchment paper on a 14 X 23cm pan. Lightly grease paper with an olive oil spray or some coconut oil.
- In a bowl place 1 cup of dark chocolate chips.
- Measure 1/4 cup coconut oil in its melted state and pour over the chocolate chips. Stir until melted and combined.
- Add in Greek yogurt. Make sure it’s a thick type of yogurt.
- Stir in baking soda, vanilla, salt and sugar (you can also add pumpkin spice, cinnamon etc for extra flavour).
- In a blender blend up some oatmeal until it becomes flour. Make sure to measure the correct amount after it’s blended.
- Mix everything together and add in extra chocolate chips if you want that chocolate bite.
- Spread the mixture into a small pan. Mine was 14 X 23cm.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 mins, or until your fork comes out clean after you poke it. It will be different with each pan, so just double check with a fork here and there.
- Remove them from the oven and let it cool completely.
- NOM TIME!
Per serving: 1 equal square
(Rough estimate from what I put into MyFitnessPal)
Fat: 14 grams
Protein: 5.45 grams
Carbs: 18.96 grams
Just because these brownies are made with healthier ingredients everything still comes down to moderation! 🙂
If you’re looking for other food and snack blogs check out some of these: